Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

If not me then Who?

"If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, then what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

If not me, then who?


If not me, then who can make me happy?
If not me, then who can ease my burden?
If not me, then who can comfort at times of sorrow?
If not me, then who can colour my dreams?
It is You -not alone - but together with me, I am certain.

If not me, then who else loves you as much as I do?
If not me, then who shall wait as long a it takes, to embrace you?
If not me, then who cares for you deep from the heart?
If not me, then who beseech for your happiness earnestly as I do?
It is me, together with you, I am convinced.

If not now, will this dream wither and die off?
If not now, will the time and distance make things fade?
If not now, will the fire of passion burn out?
If not now, will the silence kill this love?
No!..it will blossom, it won't fade and it will live..till the time comes.

No comments: