Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

This Ship shall sail


 

I had set my sails, I had directed my rudder and i had named my passion. I am a sailor of my own self.

I had to brave devastating storms, thunders and typhoons,tornadoes and cyclones. I was sailing a ship to safety on a rough weather.It seems all tornados, cyclones and storms have hit me all at once and one after other. If a day of calmness and sunshine came it was followed by a week of gloominess and painful storms. Sometimes I was thrown aback, sometimes i was thrown out to merciless waves just to find myself on-board thanks to an innate strength in me hitherto unknown.
 

Sea-sickness has no room in a battle to keep sanity. Also there is no room for finery. Tasty wine loses its appeal when you know with the last drop of it, you will be left for a lifetime with the rusty metallic taste of the cup that bears that wine. So It was thirst that makes me drink and hunger that makes me eat - an epitome of human weakness.

Yet, I was like a blind, hapless and helpless sailor who has only faith and hope that he can sail this ship to calm waters and a safe harbor.

That was my life, past year or so.


Now, the sea seems calm and the storms seems subsided.Sun seems to smile with a warmth. Yet, there are strong swirling under-currents underneath this ship and one mis-step may cause me to fall outboard into that torrent. A storm may brew in any minute, even in a teacup!

And this calmness doesn't ease this sailor's heart. For its a heart that craves to brave the storms, to make the journey and to anchor and harbour this ship where the heart's passion lies.


This ship shall reach that destiny! For faith with hope has never brought a disappointment to this sailor. 

Perseverance, till time changes tides.


No comments: